Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lest We Forget

Having just celebrated the 4th of July I thought some photos from a recent trip would be appropriate. Not long ago I visited the veterans memorial at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg Kansas. The memorial was just dedicated last year. A replica of the Vietnam wall along with a flag row and reflection fountain are included. This photo is a photo of one of many bricks set into the sidewalks surrounding the memorial. Each brick honors a specific veteran. It wasn't long after memorial day when I visited and some of the bricks had personal decorations that had been left by I assume family or friends. Let's not forget to remember all veterans. The fight to maintain not only our freedom, but the freedom of people they don't even know.
I took this with a Pentax 645 with 75mm lens on Fuji NPS.