Saturday, September 25, 2010

I have a Dream

I have a dream. I dream of a minister who makes a difference in their community, and a preacher who is instrumental in changing lives for the better. I dream of a minister who understands what God has said and a preacher who preaches in a way that makes others understand what God has said. I dream of a minister who helps others see Christ and a preacher who preaches the grace of God. I dream of a minister who loves and cares for people unconditionally, and a preacher who, like the prophets of old, rejoices in righteousness and weeps over sin.

I have a dream. I dream of a ministry that is a refreshing from the Spirit in the midst of the dry church dessert of the 21st century. I dream of a ministry that proclaims Christ as the only answer in the midst of a mindset of self-help programs. I dream of a ministry that is built upon the resources of the Kingdom of God in the midst of self-dependence and greed. I dream of a ministry that never forgets that programs can never replace the Spirit of the living God.

I have a dream. I dream of standing before God after my life has been lived with my ministry over and hearing the words, well done thou good and faithful servant. I dream of then looking out over the multitudes in heaven and seeing many who are there because I was a good and faithful servant.

Yes, I have a dream.