Sunday, April 16, 2006

I chose this photo today because it is Easter. I took this in Springhill cemetery in Coffeyville, Kansas in 2000. I don't know who Ada Pearl is. I do know that her parents must have grieved 100 years ago just as parents grieve today who lose a child. I also know that Ada is with Jesus because "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord".
The main thing I want you to see is that 2000 years ago Jesus was put in a grave after His death. But we don't visit his grave and tombstone today because on that first Easter Sunday the angel announced to the women "Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not hear, He is Risen". Jesus rose from the dead conquering death.
Christ is alive!!
All who have placed their trust in Christ alone will also live. One day when Christ returns little Ada's grave will open, along with the graves of all who believe and we shall forever be with Christ.
Today is Easter, Rejoice, because Christ is Alive!